Thursday, March 6, 2008

China Town



























Chris and i went to China town tonight.

It's a 30min MRT train ride from Clementi a 10 min walk from Tangong Pagar.

There is a main shopping center called Peoples Park where you can get just about anything to do with electronics. I had nearly every shop asking me if i wanted to buy a new lens for my camera. Theres a KFC, Mac Donalds and the best selection of breads and sweats. There are little stalls every where cooking fresh sweets I have not had the guts to taste anything yet, but it's colorful and it smells delicious.






































As you cross over the bridge you hit the markets that are on the street. There are two streets full of little stores. Plenty of places to eat and plenty of opportunities to have a glass of Tiger beer.

I came accross this man who started talking to me. I pretty much ignored him thinking he was trying to sell me something, but in fact he was telling me about the building i was taking a photo of. The beautiful building was once an opera thearter during WW2 or 1 i cant really remember. It was the only building that did not fall down when the area was bombed. He could have been telling lies but he grabbed my attention.

No comments: