Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Mandarin Lessons


I had my first Mandarin lesson Monday morning.

I started to research tutors on the net and eventually came across Next Level Tutor Network - http://nextlevel.com.sg/. NextLevel Tutor Network has been a network of personal home tuition tutors and teachers for hire in Malaysia and Singapore. After five minutes of setting up my own account i received a phone call from the institute that night and four replies through the internet from tutors located in Singapore. I was a bit overwhelmed of how efficient it all was.

Later that after noon i received a phone call from a young Chinese student named Na Na. She is 19, finished college last year and gets her results on Friday. She was apart of the red cross foundation, chess and maths club, and also participated in Indian dancing. LOL. I figured she was going to teach me Mandarin and also have fun doing it.

It's been a bit hard getting in the mood of studying, especially not being at school for the last year.

This is going to be a challenge but i am not going to give up.

I have two lessons a week, Monday and Wednesday at $25 an hour. When school starts i will probably go down to once a week.

No comments: